Thursday, September 4, 2008

Others' Cakes

I saw several very impressive cakes entered in the State Fair competition, so I thought I might as well share some pictures. I believe the 3 pictured below were all in the wedding cake category. I know Signature Cakes by Vicki made the center cake, but I don't know who decorated the others. The simple, elegant scroll work and details on the 3 tiered white cake don't really show up in the photo.


Here is a close-up of the hand made red gelatin flower topping the wedding cake to the right:

The gumpaste flowers on Vicki's cake are so gorgeous!

 

Here's another wedding cake I thought thought was really cute!

Election 2008 themed competition:

This will probably be the winner, unless somebody delivered a better entry after I left. It's absolutely beautiful. The gum paste roses are perfect, and I love the swag effect. Very elegant, indeed.

Just look at the workmanship quality and detail:

This could be a fun celebration or wedding cake. There is a donkey and elephant topper under the stars. Don't worry, the cake isn't leaning--I must have been holding my cell phone at an angle when I took this picture.

Check out this cute little guy decorated in buttercream. I thought the flags were a nice touch.


No comments: