Friday, August 1, 2008

More Fare Entries

In addition to my "Pick of the Crop" decorated cake, I'm entering 4 baked-from-scratch cakes in the County Fair (3 of them are recipes found in The Cake Bible). They're all boxed up and ready to go because I have to turn them in first thing tomorrow morning.
My "fruit-iced" entry is a Lemon Chiffon cake with raspberry and lemon glaze. The glaze for this cake turned out a bit too runny, but of course I didn't realize that until it was too late.
I'm also entering a chocolate cake with ganache filling and chocolate mousseline icing. I had some leftover ganache, so I used it to pipe roses and leaves on the top. I will most likely avoid piping roses with ganache from now on.

Below is my miscellaneous entry. It's a "Golden Luxury" cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate icing. I've been wanting to put raspberries and vines on a cake for a while now. I nicked the idea from The Wilton School Decorating Cakes book, page 69.
I forgot to add vanilla to my sour cream pound cake, so it will probably be bland. To try and compensate, I topped it with a sour cream and powdered sugar glaze. The shells around the bottom are to hide where some of the edge came out a little uneven.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is your other entry?

Anonymous said...

the basket?

cakedarla said...

It's posted under "County Fair Entry" at http://cakedarla.blogspot.com/2008/07/county-fair-entry.html.

Anonymous said...

Ok where is the state fair entry?

cakedarla said...

I haven't posted it yet because *cough* I still haven't finished it. Procrastination is my middle name.

I had the option of turning it in today, but I absolutely MUST deliver it by September 4th. I'll post pictures of it and the other cakes I enter when I get them all completed. :)

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll quit pushing

cakedarla said...

LOL! It's okay, I need to get off my lazy bum and do it. ;)